1) Brinjal small 10 nos. - 300 gms
2) Bengal gram dhal - 3 tsp
3) Black gram dhal - 2 tsp
4) Dry chillies - 6
5) Coriander - 3 tsp
6) Garlic – 1 no.
7) Asafoetida powder - 1/2 tsp
1) Slit the brinjal into 4 with out separating the pieces and with the stalk on.
2) In a little oil fry the different dhals, coriander and chillies , garlic,powder well and add the asafoetida also.
3) Mix a little salt and oil inside the cut sides of the brinjal and fry it in the pan for ten minutes till the brinjal becomes tender.
4) Let the brinjal cool for 5 minutes.
5) Then fill the inside of the brinjal with the paste.
6)Heat the remaining oil, put the filled brinjal and carefully saute well till brinjal becomes very tender.
Goes well with: Rice, chapathi.